Monday, July 20, 2009

Our Busy Weekend.

Well our weekend started out around 4pm on Friday. That's when my parents, my sis & my niece arrived at the Fire Station to pick-up B; they carried her back to my hometown with them. Hubby was at work so it was just me, all by my lonesome on Friday nite... Know what I did?! I know you are going to be SOOOOO jealous... I went to Wally-world to get me a pair of sunglasses b/c my good pair seems to have lost a screw. Then I ordered a pizza - actually a stromboli (pepperoni & mushroom YUMMY!), picked it up, went home & ate. Followed by unloading & reloading the dishwasher, 3 loads of laundry & a GOOD scrub-down of our master bathroom. See I told you that you'd be jealous... :-)


On Saturday, hubby & I joined ALOT of people from our church for a Community Day / Grand Opening of the Dream Center & Medical Clinic in a downtown community in our city. We "wrapped" who knows how many hotdogs & spooned-up that many+ bowls of jambalaya. It was a great day. The Lord blessed us with perfect weather & I believe a LOT of good things is in store for this area as the Lord continues to bless. OH! Speaking of jambalaya - they cooked 2 HUGE caldrons full (probably 4ft across & atleast that deep) full... its was ALOT of food! We left after the Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting and headed home... Once there we showered, threw luggage in the car & made our way North to my hometown a) to see/get our daughter & b) to celebrate at a party given in honor of my uncle's 50th birthday.


Sunday was another world-wind day with church, followed by lunch, followed by packing, followed by a trip back home. While we were packing B & my sis, Em, took a nap... thought you might like to a see a pic - what you really don't care about seeing a pic of that? oh well it's my blog so...

They were both exhausted. B played soooo hard all weekend, only stopping to potty, eat & sleep. Em from keeping up with a potty-training 2yo, in addition to her VERY active 7yo. (Thanks Em, Nana, Papa, RJ & Uncle M for letting B hang-out with y'all this weekend... I do believe she had a blast!)

We hope you had a great weekend with your family!

Love ~ The F's

*****************

Happy 50th Birthday Uncle Jim

&

Happy Birthday Granny!

We hope both of y'all had good days. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to tell me what you think...

And if you are leaving an "anonymous" comment be sure to leave your name... just so I know who you are :-)