Admit it - you missed us didn't you :-)
Since it has been so long since I posted & since I can barely remember what I did yesterday... I'll just update on what's been happening around The Franklin house the last couple of days.
Last Thursday, hubby & I took B to the dentist. Yes, I know we carried her during the summer for her 1st visit but as you may also remember that one didn't go so well... Anyways, we decided to carry her to a female pediatric dentist (for those of you who know B you understand why we choose a female & for those of you who don't, B's deathly afraid of men she doesn't know). We were recommended to this dentist by hubby & mine's family dentist. The reason for our visit was we feared B might have a cavity. She has had this small dark spot in one of her molars for a couple of weeks now & brushing didn't seem to effect it any. Since we were already there we went ahead & scheduled her 6month cleaning too. Let me just say - hubby & I were both shocked by this whole experience... maybe it's because we were expecting the worse... but it was much better than we ever expected. Our visit started with all 3 of us going into a little room to watch a movie about Dudley going to camp & his friend forgetting his toothbrush. After that, Ms. R said "Mom & Dad you can go back out to the waiting room & we'll come get you when were done." WOW! I wasn't expecting that but now I see that it was probably the best thing for everyone because she didn't have us to cling too... she had to be a big girl. After she & Ms. R picked out her new toothbrush (Diego) they went into a big common room where all the hygentists work, B got onto her chair, then she & Ms. R brushed her teeth, played with gloves, high-fived... (how do I know all this if we were in the waiting room - well b/c they come & got us after they got her settled and let us peek at her... once we saw how well she was cooperating we went back to the waiting room & waited). Ms. R was also able to give B her first flouride treatment... big step up from our last dentist appt (don't get me wrong - hubby & I love our dentist but he just wasn't for B). After the visit was done, Dr. R came & got us and "walked" us through everything we needed to know, then carried us back to the playroom where B was having fun playing with a new friend.... so much fun she didn't want to leave. When we finally left she had received a pink monkey stamp on her hand, 2 stickers on her shirt, her toothbrush & a couple of coupons for McD's & Pizza Hut. I'd say she racked up & now seems to really enjoy the dentist... hopefully this is a feeling that last.
Then that night hubby & I attended a Rookie School Graduation (Congrats Phoenix Company!!) while B stayed with her grandparents. I helped serve so we were there a little later on a school/work night than we had planned to be. Anyways, we knew B had a cold but thought that was all it was thanks to this lovely weather around here; however, when we got there to pick her up it started going downhill... We walked in & she was just laying on the couch so I picked her up & started rocking her while her daddy was getting all of her stuff together & I felt something warm run down my legs (B has done soooo good with potty training & hasn't had an accident in I couldn't tell you how long so I knew this wasn't a good sign) luckily we still had her daycare bag in the car & it contained a change of clothes, while changing her clothes she started crying + which turned to coughing + which turned to wheezing = which scared us all to death. Hubby & I decided to go ahead and carry her to the ER in fear that she might have the flu or something... so off we went. When we arrived (keep in mind B had only her panties & coat on... that's all she would allow) in Triage - she had a temp of 104 so they gave us a dose of tylenol & sent us back to the waiting room. 2hours later we finally got called back, saw a Dr & was told that B had the croup... they gave her a dose of steriods & 2-1/2 hours after arrival we were heading home. B got to spend the day at home with her daddy on Friday... & eventhough she was sick I think they both throughly enjoyed themselves. Now, besides that hacking cough she seems to be doing much better... she's eating, no fever, she even went back to school yesterday.
So, here we are several days later... a little tired but we are still alive & kickin.... Thankful for God's blessings and care.
We hope you have a great day & we promise to post again real soon (probably after Halloween, when we have pics to share).
Love ~ The F's
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Soo glad B is feeling much better and it wasnt the flu bug!! Hope all is well with you guys, message me and let me know!!
ReplyDelete