Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Infertility Sucks!

I guess it was 2 years ago now that I wrote the following post titled "Hannah Cried, Sarah Laughed & I ... well I..." Anyways, thought I'd include a link to that post in case you're wondering why infertility is a subject I feel so strongly about...
http://thefranklinfamily-byfirewife425.blogspot.com/2009/04/hannah-cried-sarah-laughed-i-well-i.html

As far as what's new in the world of infertility around our house - well it's still a word to we know all to well.

We decided about a year ago we would go thru treatments again & just see what happened BUT apparently the LORD had/has different plans for us.

We did the injections & IUI's for several months only to be disappointed. It was at that time we decided to give it a break... if the Lord wants us to have another (either via me or via adoption) child then we are ok with that but we are not seeking any outside assistance (or atleast not any time soon). Don't get me wrong - I LOVED MY DOCTORS AT ART & still think that it is because of the Good Lord & them that we have our one "Miracle Baby & 20%" but we do have our "Miracle Baby & 20%" & that we are grateful!

I have friends who are expecting any day. I have friends who have teenage daughters who are expecting later in the year. I'm very happy for each of them & wish them healthy, happy deliveries & babies - I HONESTLY do but regardless of how we slice it INFERTILITY SUCKS! If I am being honest, though, the fact that teenagers & women who don't want &/or need kids can get pregnant without even thinking about it is one thing that probably stings the most... I know life is not fair. God never promised it would be easy BUT He did promise He would provide sooooo all we can do is cling to that hope.

Well, I'll get off my soap-box now :-)

Please pray for the families (because this affects the whole family) who have to deal with infertility, pray for the doctors who give us hope (& MIRACLES), pray for mental & physical strength, pray for... God knows what we need - we just need prayers & he'll take care of the rest.

Love you! ~n

P.S.
Just wanted to say a quick THANKS to those of you who have loved me when I'm not very loveable, who've sent words of encourgagement & smiles on days that I just wanted to crawl back in bed... for just being there! You may not know you've done anything but trust me I do & it was appreciated. Love you!!

1 comment:

  1. Love you girl!! Unfortunately you & I know all to well what infertility is about. I continue to remember you in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to tell me what you think...

And if you are leaving an "anonymous" comment be sure to leave your name... just so I know who you are :-)